The Champion COVID-19 Response:
Champion Gym has implemented the most advanced and convenient preventative sterilization measures of any facility to date. Along with the basic compliance of the required posters and mandated masks for the non-exempt, non-exercising public, we have:
– Each member and visitor have hand sanitizer simultaneously dispensed while their temperature is taken by the latest technology that alarms automatically when a fever is detected
– Masks worn by our staff in the public common areas when not behind the plexiglass counter shield
– Masks freely available to the visiting public and clients
– Masks within gym during low intensity training, unless exempt.
– Social distancing clearly marked out throughout the facility.
– Nightly ozone sterilization of every cubic centimeter of our facility that eliminates every virus and bacteria.
– Electrostatic sterilization of mats and equipment between classes with non-toxic virucide VitalOxide (used in hospitals and government facilities).
– Implemented members-only sub cohort operations.
– Staggered class times to avoid bottlenecking upon entry or exit.
– Increased renovated space and washrooms.
– Thorough, frequent cleaning of the facility from top to bottom, particularly of high contact surfaces.
– Close contact, case and communication protocols for continuous operations with minimal interruption.
On top of this, during the restrictive period (March 8, 2021) implemented by the Alberta Provincial government, we have continued with smaller class sizes now subdivided into A and B for each program. Champion Gym coaches have also reduced the intensity of our warm-ups, drills and conditioning pertaining to these groups to that of Tai Chi or weightlifting as permitted under the restrictions in order to meet the requirements to serve you better.
We at Champion take the COVID-19 pandemic seriously. We also take the well-being of both your physical and mental health seriously as well. COVID-19 has little if any chance in a strong body and mind, especially one trained in the conditioning and Martial Arts and sports we offer.
At Champion, you can pursue your health and fitness goals for yourself or your child without fear.